News Release: University News
Apr. 2, 2010
Emory Co-Hosts Medical Volunteerism Conference
Emory University School of Medicine is hosting a three-day conference on medical volunteerism April 16-18. Open to medical professionals and the general public, the conference provides educational opportunities on volunteerism and provides a forum for networking.
The event is co-hosted with Emory by Morehouse School of Medicine, Mercer University School of Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine and the Medical University of South Carolina.
International Conference on Medical Volunteerism
April 16, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m
April 17, 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
April 18, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Emory University main campus, Atlanta, Ga.
Online at www.emoryimvc.org. Registration is free.
The conference will feature keynote addresses, exhibits, group sessions and panel discussions on a variety of topics:
- Learn from the inspiring stories of medical, dental and lay volunteers
- Network with health care professionals, students and lay people volunteering in all areas of health care and public health
- Network with non-profit organizations offering a range of volunteer opportunities for medical professionals and laypersons
- Learn about activities such as screenings, free clinics, surgical interventions, public health education and health care provider training
- Learn about a range of volunteer opportunities in the Atlanta area, the United States and across the world
If you are a member of the media and plan to cover this event, please contact Jennifer Johnson at 404.727.5696 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Originally posted March 25, 2010